This practice is committed to protecting your privacy and this information is generally only disclosed to other members of the medical team where necessary.
The personal and health information you provide during your consultation and subsequent treatment will be collected for the primary purpose of providing high-quality health care.
Where required by law or if necessary for debt collection reasons, your personal information will be disclosed.
We use SMS and/or email communication to keep you up to date with the status of your appointment.
From time to time we may send you information regarding happenings at the practice via a number of possible ways including: post, email, telephone call or SMS. Reasons we may contact you include:
• To administer accounts and process payments.
• To communicate with you regarding any issues affecting your treatment.
• Provide information on services and benefits available to Clients.
• To notify Clients of promotions and events.
• Appointment Reminders.
• Appointment Follow-Ups.
• Marketing and promotional material about new products, services or special offers.
• Periodic Newsletters and updates.
• To provide you with information about the current and future benefits of being our client.
• Market research or surveys to improve our products and services.
Should you wish not to receive such communications or our convenient SMS appointment reminders please advise the administration staff or alternatively follow the ‘unsubscribe’ instructions provided in the communication.